Sunday, February 6, 2011

Deep pan brown bread,



As I wrote today earlier, so, today was bread baking day. It was first time I made a brown bread. Usually the bread I have been baked, has been white bread, since it is easier, but I must admit - that bread is very easy. It goes very fast and easy to mix bread dough together and longest time is taken only by baking and you do not have to mostly do nothing. Just higher oven degrees after half a time in oven.


Ingredients to deep pan bread dough:

1 kg rye flour
1 tablespoon bicarbonate
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon anise
1 teaspoon fennel
1 liter a-fil - ( processed sour milk)
3 dl dark syrup

Mix all ingredients together to sticky dough.


Butter up  one ordinary deep pan what comes with oven. Pan has to be buttered very well, because brad grows in height only as much as it is buttered up. I buttered it all totally up.


 Put all that nice sticky dough with fingers to pan and spread it over pan. It would be easier to spread if you make your fingers together with flour.



First put oven to 100 degrees and let bread be there for 45 minutes. After that higher heat to 150 degrees and let bread be another 45 minutes there.


After it had cooled down, we cutted it open and tasted it. And I must say, it tasted very good. I was so happy that it came out. As I told before, I had never done before the dark bread. At least I tried :) And I can try again, when this is ended :)





Butter on and it tasted perfect :)


No comments: