Sunday, July 17, 2011

Strawberry jam,


Yesterday and today I have had  bit busy with making strawberry jam for the winter. It has been very long time, since I did make it last time, but I must admit, it felt very good to do it again :)


For 6 liters strawberry jam I used:

7,5 l fresh strawberries ( First time I used 1,5 l fresh strawberries and other time 6 l fresh strawberries)
1,3 kg jam sugar from Dansukker. (Due I made two different days jam, then first 1,5 liter jam I used  330 gr. Jam sugar 1+3 and other time I used 1 kg ordinary jam sugar)
1,1 l water (first time 3 dl water and other time 8 dl water)




I let it cook both times around 10 minutes and same time they cooked, I smashed strawberries with potato smasher, so that instead whole strawberries came more smashed strawberries in jam, since I like that more. Feels more equal mix.


After they had been cooked 10 minutes, I added sugar and let cook another 2-3 minutes. Took off the foam and I was put it to 0,5 liters jars.


Now it is cooling and later they will find the place in storage, so that it would be good to take in winter time.




No comments: