Thursday, October 13, 2016

7 years,


Time goes so fast. It has been already 7 years and 1 day, I have lived in Sweden. For 7 years ago I left Estonia second time behind me and moved abroad. It was not easy decision then and still it has been left some feelings, what makes me unsure, did I really made a right decision. I believe that this kind of doubts are totally OK. Else it would have been, that something had been wrong.
With my move to Sweden, I left my family and my friends behind and I know, that I do not see them that often as I would like to, but I know, that in the bottom of my heart, I did the right decision.With this move I have gain richness by getting to know much more people. I have got to be part of a new family, but I also have gain a lot of new persons in my life. As they say, some people come as lessons and some has stayed there. Some people has left a very special track to my heart.
7 years, for some it is a long time, for some it is short time. For me, it has been mix of both feelings.
During this 7 years have happen so much different things. Both positive and negative, but life can't be just all positive. If it would be like that, then we would never learn to appreciate what we have and learn to know those small things, what is very important actually. So, yes, even me has got lots of lessons about it and that has learned me to appreciate all the small positive things and people, who are in my life. There is no one int he world, who does not have had rollercoaster in their life. The question is, how we accept them and how we will handle.
This year has been very thoughtful for me. Especially summer time.  I have made peace with me in so many ways and I really have needed that. So it feels really good for me. I really needed. I had made acceptation about some things already before, but not that way as I made it in this summer.
I have gain also a big family and friends through Lions, what has been a very big part for my time in Sweden. Already from the beginning. Through the Lions I have gain 3 extra mothers, who has been there for me and helped me in so many ways and, that I know, that I always have someone to talk with, since my own mother passed away for 12 years ago. In the same time, it also has been a very big part of my integration into the community. I also have grown personally, since I became a part of Lions. I have always wanted to help people, who has been in the same situation as I as a child or who has even worse, now together with million other Lions member in all over the world, I/We can make this difference. Especially now it feels more important to make that difference, when we can see what happens in the world. So many people are as refugees in the world because of war, starvation or some other reason. Like now, on Monday started our new campaign in Sweden for "The Forgotten Children in Syria and the Neighbor countries" We had already last year this campaign for first time and now, Lions has been build schools for children to go, they gives out food and hygiene packages for families. So I am happy to be part of this family.
So, during this last year, I have lived here, has happen much. I have got accepted into school, I have got work places to go. Since I also made a peace with myself, I have get more happier girl. I smile more often, even thought I fight with big pains, I have started to smile more often. I have beloving husband by my side, my friends and family in both countries. All those people means to me a lot and as I told before, some have became more special.
So, we will see what next year or even next 7 years have with it. Lite ups and downs as usually, but with those people, who I have by my side, it will be easier to manage all it. I am just very happy to have all of those persons with me and I am very happy that I made this peace with me. That was really needed.
Now it is little time for me and my black friend. Later in the evening it is work what waits for me. I would like to wish you all,

Have a nice Thursday,
                                   Lots of love and hugs,
                                                                       Ingrit

No comments: