Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another oat bran baguettes,


Yesterday for my fiancees birthday, I decided to make a new and fresh baguettes. This time I decided to make all almost the same as last time when I baked baguettes, only difference I made was that all the flour I used was wheat flour and oat brain. Also I was put one extra spoon of syrup just to try to see what and how it would be.

So here comes ingredients what I used this time:


25 gr. yeast
2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon honing or syrup
6 dl hand-warm water  
2½ dl oat bran
10-10½ dl wheat flour

To make the dough is still same as previous time it was. Mix yeast and honing/syrup and water together. When all this is mixed together, just add salt, oat bran, flour and mix it with tree spoon all together but not very hard mixing. And let it stay under covered next 2 hours.

Take dough out and share it 4 equal parts. Do not knead. Just cut it with dough scraper or sharp knife. Shape them long thin baguettes - as long as baking sheet. Lift it easy to baking sheet and brush it over with egg.  When last time I used all egg, both egg white and yellow, then this time I only used egg yellow. And result was bit more nice and gold brownish. 


Heat own up to 260 degrees. When it is 260 degrees bake breads 15 minutes. After that lower temperature down to 150 degrees. Bake breads another 15 minutes. 




 

No comments: