Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Liver pate,


Today I tried to make something new again, what I had not made for years. I made again after long time home made liver pate. And it tasted very good. So I thought, I would share it also with other people.


Ingredients to liver pate:

1 kg pig liver
200 gr fat
300 - 400 gr carrots
400 gr smoked bakon
3 smaller yellow onion
3 or 4 laurel leaves
Pepper
Salt
Water

I fried on pan first fat for to get fat to fry later liver. I also fried after bacon to get away some fat. It should not be a lot of fat. After both fat and bacon was fried I started to fry lever on pan. First I sliced and hammered a little bit with meat hammer and fried until it was brown, but it still was taste good and did not tasted as rubber. After I was put all of it together in a casserole and added salt, pepper, laurel leaves, sliced onion and sliced carrots. I added water so that all of that mix was covered. I left it to cook on a low temperature until the water was almost boiled off, because a little liquid should be left, because it makes that pate will have more tasty and have good moist. After this has been boiled, let it cool down and after that I used mixer to get is chopped as pate should look out. After you can pack it in portions as you want to save it.




No comments: